Friday, October 31, 2008
I was guessing at 4 or 5 hours, it turned into almost 48 total.
She was very gratefull, and rewarded me for my help, but wow.
I love me my yarn swaps and projects. My current swap I am in Swap on a Budget is slow going this round. My spoilee has not posted but a very few times making it hard to decide what to get her. I have a "generic" box of goodies ready, but wanted to make it personal and special just for her.
On the Spoiler front, I have no clue whi it is and that is half the fun. I have been trying to be chatty enough on theboards, as well as post here about my yarn goings on to help them. I hoep they have enough to go on.
I might be picking uip a great dresser to hold all my yarn this afternoon. It is 68" long, 18" deep and 30" high. It has 9 drawers to be filled with yarny goodness. I hope one day to have it filled that is. Right now I could fill some of it, but not anywhere near all. It will be nice to be able to spread out my yarn by type and color though.
I am ready for the holidays to begin please. I love the cooking and family time of Thanksgiving, and the Peace and Comfort that came to us through Jesus at Christmas. This is going to be a happy holiday season this year as I am focusing on feelings not things. I as well as most people I know have more than enough things in their lives. It is time to get back in touch with our feelings. Maybe mend a bridge or two with family, maybe reach out to some friends. One never knows where the spirit of the heart might lead.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
The simplest tasks suddenly feel very complicated.
Yesterday I ran 3 small errands, but it took almost 3 hours and I just wanted to crash when I was done. I did go home and have a nap.
I actually am a big fan of naps. It is amazing what a good 30 minutes can do to revitalize your day. I would schedule one in my daily plans if that were possible.
On the crafting front there is not much going on.
I have 2 scarves to work on, and 5 dishcloths to make.
I also have a special someone that I want to make a shawl for, but that is on hold for a few days.
I just received my last sp12 box in the mail and it had some very pretty sock yarn in it. That means I need to bite the bullet and make some socks, or at least try to.
I was a very bad girl and ordered some great yarn ina super bulky to make myself a felted bag.
I can't wait for it to arrive.
Well, thats about it in my world for now. If you stop by, feel free to leave me a note.
Oh, and please be prayign for a friend that is going through surgery, and a small boy who is very ill.
Friday, October 17, 2008
I have had great spoilers both times before this and am sure I will again this time also.
I love the stalking involved with learning about the new person I get to spoil all for $20.00.
That makes it both challenging and fun.
So far my new spoilee is not posting much at all. That does make it more difficult. Still doeable, but difficult.
Now for info that my spoiler might be able to use.
Reynolds lite lopi is a new fvorite yarn for me to work with.
I have very little of it and would welcome more in almost any color.
I love Noro yarn all versions.
I am in love with all the colorways that have purple in them. :)
I like office supplies alot.
I enjoy a bunch of little things from dollar stores as treats. (note to self remind hubby of that.)
I usually fixate on a new stitch or pattern till I have it as close to perfect as I can get it.
A stitch a day type thingy for crochet would be awesome.
I am actually easily pleased and just enjoy hte process quite often.
I know I will love anything you get me.
I will try to post something each week to help you in case you get stuck for ideas.
At work they always want me to keep them informed of when groups are comign so that they can plan accordingly. But do theyreciprocate NO!!!!!
Today I have not 1 or 2 but 3 groups using the building nad they have a man out there painting all thje doors and frames. I mean come on. Use logic. Wet paint na many hand needing to open doors = disaster. To top it off the "painter" had no wet paint signs to put up.
Rand ove and I now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.
Monday, October 6, 2008
I however have not been following the program, which is why I was up 3/4 of a pound this week.
I took a pulled muscle as an excuse to eat more instead of being just as if not more careful than normal. Now I know that it is a very good thing to write down what I eat so I can see patterns and try to make corrections, but I have been really slack about that recently.
Tonight I had the offer to stay home from the meeting because I knew I was going to be up a bit. Well, I needed to go to a meeting more than ever because of being up.
The support, advice and tips one gets are inaluable to success.
Till next week..............
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I have been dealing with a few inor health issues.
They have been more annoying than anything else, but did not put me in a blogging mood.
If you were told you could never again buy yarn, would would your last yarn purchase be?
As much malibrigo as I could afford.
If you were told you could never crochet again, what would be the last thing you’d knit??
Probabbly a toss up between one last prayer shawl, and an afgan.
In a given year, how many times do you buy yarn? At least twice a month.
And what is your favorite place to buy yarn from? A festival? A shop? Online? Yes, all of the above.
Dish your favorite places!! Sage gifts and yarn, etsy shops espically Georgiegirl's, and anywhere I see a good deal.
Lastly, with Fall in full swing in many areas, what is the one thing you look forward to most? The cooler weather and the chance to work on some heavier projects.
For the most part SP12 has been a good time. I look for SP14 as SP13 comes at a bad time of year for me.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Be it 10% off a store sale, or in this case 10% off my weight.
I have been on weight watchers twice now.
The first time I did ok, but never could reach that 1st benchmark of 10%.
I was beginning to think that i would not make it this time either.
I sat home on Sunday night ready to just give it all up.
I mean why bother to try when you are going to fail anyway.
Then, I went to my meeting on Monday night.
When she told me I was down 1.8 pounds I was in shock.
That meant I had reached that elusive goal of 10% of my body weight gone.
I started grinning like a nut, and didn't stop the whole night.
I was amazed at how much it caused me to want to get to that next 10% gone.
The good thing about the 2nd round is it takes a little less to get there.
Now this does not mean it will be easy, but it will be easier because it has already been done.
Friday, August 22, 2008
The origional question was knit, but I am not a knitter so I changed it to crochet.
My style would best be described as the 100yard dash followed by the relay.
I like to pick small projects that I can finish in a quick burst, or really big ones that I have to do instages.
Question 11: What is the best thing you’ve ever received in the mail/post?
During my 1st swap on a budget a great lady sent me 2 skeins of frog tree alpaca in black.
It was my first ever alpaca, and is still my favorite. The best part about it is that she has become a great friend.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
One of these days I will get he hang of posting my answers when I am sent the questions..........
Q8) What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?
Truthfully, I am just as happy with a huge hunk of watermelon as anything.
Seafood is also a great summertime dinner for me.
Q9) Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair? Would you ever consider it?
Nope, I never have entered anything, and I dobt that I would. I am not into all the tiny details that make a fair winner.
Friday, August 1, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
This makes me very happy.
It deffinitly is requiring more effort tolose than it did to put on.
SP12 question 7
We are all creatures of habit and when it comes to sitting down to knit, it’s no different…
What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit?
Sitting curled up on the corner of my couch, except I crochet not knit.
What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?
I like to have at least 5 or 6 sizes of hooks, sissors, a drink (water) and a book for when i want a break.
However a nice angel named Yo-El sent a great package to make up for it.
This is all that was inside. There was a great card, a candle, mints, a pattern, a bamboo crochet hook, 2 mini skeins of habu textiles, and a giant skein of Re Fa Baruffa cashwool.
Thank you again Yo_El.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
I would love to have some malibrigio or noro of my own
I like to always have some boucle, some cotton, and some wool around.
Q5: 1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday? 2) Where is one place you’d like to go?
My favorite place to go is Alabama as I have friends ther that I miss so much.
I would love to go to Alaska, Ireland, and Austrailia. Yes I know it asked for 1, but i couldn;t decide.
Q6: Questions #6 What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?
If you’d like to share a story…Tell us about a time that you packed too much knitting or were stranded without knitting.
I like to take along a scarf since it is small, and now I would also take along some dishcloth cotton. I am really getting into it.
I have never packed too much crochet, and if I amstranded with none then i would buy some sugar and cream and a small hook and go at it. :)
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I was shocked to be honest. I had that bloated
feeling all day. I am sure that all the walking I did last week helped me.
We had a challenge and I bid 500 walking minutes.
I ended up doing 590. That included a 2 1/2 hour walk
that I took with my husband. We started out thinking
a quick walk to main street and back. It turned into a 4 mile
long journey into foot pain. :)
I really enjoy going for long walks, but hate to carry my
water bottle along. I need to make one of those crocheted
water bottle holders that hang off of your shoulder.
That way I can stay hydrated and walk longer.
On another craft note, I have been making dishcloths.
I have found a pattern I like that is easy to follow.
That makes me more willing to keep making them till
I can both share some and use some. Now I just need to
go and buy some more surgar and cream cotton.
I think I like the varigated the best so far.
Till next week or so. :)
Monday, June 30, 2008
I was really shocked since I bought 2 hanks of a;paca, 1 of Malibridgio, and 2 hanks of sock yarn. I was very happy with that. Most of the yarn is for swaps I am in, but one of the alpacas is mine all mine.
After I got home it was time for weight watchers, and I was down another 3/4 of a pound. I am thrilled with my progress so far. I am doing it for me this time, so it is working much better.
I spent time creating an amazon wish list for anyone that wants to learn about my tastes. I also actually put things in my que on ravelry as well.
Tonights yarn mission is to do 3 granny squares for a project.
See yu all next week or when the next SP12 question comes out.
Friday, June 27, 2008
I will take it. Any amount gone is a victory as far as I
On a crafty note, I finished my first fingerless glove the other night.
Now to do the 2nd one. I also started working on some granny squares
for blankets for wildfire victims.
My next project is going to be to try to make a pair of socks for myself.
I have the yarn, but have never done any before.
Well, I should answer my last 2 secret pal questions of the week while I am here.
Question 2 As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?
For me it was being able to read to my hearts content. I am a big reader and summer ment even more time to myself.
Question 3 What would you consider the perfect amount of stash?
Wow, that is a loaded question. I have one small trunk, and 2 baskets right now, but they are mostly acrylic. I want to build a natural yarn stash next. The amount for me would be enough to enjoy but not so much that it wil never get used.
See you all next week.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Here's the first question:
What's your favorite summertime drink? Dell's Frozen Lemonaide
It is slushy, and has chunks of lemon in it. YUMMY!!
I am going to try and put my questionaire on the side for easy use. :)
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I have been getting into wool recently, but would like to try alpaca and soy also. Most any naturel fiber is great. As far as acrylics go I love Boucles and lion homespun.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Fun fur, or any novelty yarns. I just don't like the feel of most of them.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? The packages they come in.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I do not knit, only Crochet. :( I do want to learn one day.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? For crochet intermediate on some, beginner on others. So far no knitting.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not yet but that may change.
5. What's your favorite scent? I like spicy scents but eculyptus and peppermint are two favorites. I can not stand vanilla scent or any that are very strong.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, most of my teeth are sweet....LOL I have to be in the mood for candy, but like cherry or berry flavored items.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do some cross stich, and I bake. I consider baking a craft.
Do you spin? No :(
8. What kind of music do you like? I like Christian, country, classical, and clean comedy like Jeff Foxworthy, Mark Lowrey, or Chandra Pierce.
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) As far as I know yes.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? I love purple, black, rich deep pinks, and blues.
Any colors you just can't stand? Orange, neon green or any neon, overly bright yellows.
10. What is your family situation? One husband no kids.
Do you have any pets? Yes, 1 fish (Mr. Fishy Fish) 6 yes 6 birds cockatiels, and 2 cats ( Mr. Moose, and Mad Mattie)
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, once in awhile, sometimes, and don;t own one.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don't knit, but I like to crochet scarves, small lapgans, and prayer shawels.
13. What are you knitting right now? I am Crocheting 12 12" blocks for an afgan swap. I just started making coasters as well.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love them as the thought put into them makes it extra special.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? No needles here, only hooks.
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both the acrilic hooks, and aluminum ones. I would love a set of the new clear ice hooks.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, but a near friend does. :) She let me use it. :)
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Wow, almost 2 years which means it will probably never get finished now.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Easter and Christmas tie due to their meanings for me. As far as secular holidays, thanksgiving because of the cooking and baking.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yes, Phantom of the Opera items, coffee Mugs, office supplies, and yarn......
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I would like a book on one skein projects for crochet. I also saw the Lyon now has a book of just homespun shawls. A book for crochet dishcloths would be nice, or one on granny squares. I don't have many books so any would be great.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Yes, any and all related to knitting.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Nope, again I want to learn.
What are your foot measurements? No clue how to measure, but I wear a size 7 ladies in U.S. shoes.
23. When is your birthday? Just passed on May 6th.
24. Are you on Ravelry? Yes
If so, what's your ID? Shebear29
Monday, May 19, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
ppund down. I was very concerned as I really did not count
points very well this past week. I figured that 1 week out of 52 I
was going to enjoy. I know know that I can MODERATLY enjoy
almost anything. I did still go work out 2 days and I think that
helped me quite a bit. It is funny that even when I was going
to allow myself to "be bad" I was more carefull than I used
to be. We hit a buffet and I had 1 1/2 plates instead of my
more normal 3 to 4 plates. Even dessert was in moderation
this time. I had two small quarter size pieces of fudge and
about 1/3 cup of banana pudding. Slowly but surly this
Monday, May 5, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Going to curves is going really well.
I am almost enjoying it.
Actually, it is relaxing to me.
I am sleeping much better at night.
See you all again next week.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
2. What do you prefer to knit or crochet? (socks? Sweaters? Cables?) What would you like to try to knit or crochet? I do shawels, scarfs, diaper covers, and am learning shrugs.
3. What are your hobbies outside of knitting or crocheting? Reading, cooking, baking, games
4. Do you have any fiber allergies? NONE Fiber preferances? naturel is always good.
5. Do you have any favourite books, music, or TV shows? If so, what are they? Almost any book by James Patterson, John Grishom. Music almost anything except rap or hard rock. Tv shows = reality tv addict.
6. Do you have any pets? Yes, 6 birds, 2 cats, a fish and a husband. :P
7. Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks? Salty
8. Do you prefer coffee or tea? That is a close one, but minty or fruit teas are great.
9. Aside black, which colours do you like/dislike? I like Black, purple, deep rich pinks, and blues.
I dislike bright colors, espically orange, and anything neon.
10. What is your favourite time of the year? (season-wise or holiday-wise) Season wise would be fall.
11. What is your favourite scent? Mint
12. What do you collect? Phantom of the Opera items, yarn, and coffee mugs.
13. If there's anything else you'd like your swappee to know, list them here: Strong perfume makes me ill, and smoke smell gives me nasty headaches. I also really do not like vanilla.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
I always hope for more, but I shall take it.
This was a rough week. I had both "tom" hit and
a cold. That is no excuse for me not to have been OP
all week, but I did use it as such.
The good thing is I started a challange with a bunch
of Divas this week. Being accountable to not only
myself but others helps me stay focused.
The challange involves exercise each day as
well as following the 8 good health guidelines.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Tonights weigh in was up 1/4 pound. I am actually okay
with that since I lost 5.2 last week. It was explained to me that
with that big a lose due to illness, that if I maintained or went up a bit that it was normal. Next week is a new week. I did have a victory of sorts.
I walked to and from my meeting tonight.
I am estimating that it was a mile each way.
Until next week......
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
1. What are your top three favorite colors? Purple, blue and rich deep pinks
2. What crafts do you really enjoy? crocheting, some cross-stitch (too busy right now)
3. What products do you really covet? hand dyed natural fiber yarns
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things? reading, cooking, baking
5. Is there anything you collect? Phantom of the Opera items, office supplies
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol? Don't do either one....
7.What are your favorite……scents/smells? rose, fresh cut grass, (CAN'T STAND vanilla)…
types of music and/or bands? Christian, country …
authors?James Patterson, Patricia Cromwell, Robert Ludlum, …
animals? Cats, Birds, Fish…
places to shop? Not really a shopper…
yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? Lion Brand Yarn, no special fabric, specialty papers are always nice, anything different in supplies…
candies or goodies? No thank you as I am watching my weight
8. Do you have any wish lists? Not as far as crafting goes
9. Are you allergic to anything? only certain meds.
10. Do you have any pets? What are they? Yes, 2 cats and 6 birds
11.Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy. Also, if you have a Ravelry ID, please include it here.
The puppy is a Siberian husky that belonged to a friend.
I do have a Ravelry id, it is shebear29. I admit I don't use it much at this time.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
This will be a new and hopefully exciting journey and you are invited along for the flight.
I will try to update weekly, more often if my life is interesting, less if it is not.