Friday, May 30, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I have been getting into wool recently, but would like to try alpaca and soy also. Most any naturel fiber is great. As far as acrylics go I love Boucles and lion homespun.

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Fun fur, or any novelty yarns. I just don't like the feel of most of them.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? The packages they come in.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I do not knit, only Crochet. :( I do want to learn one day.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? For crochet intermediate on some, beginner on others. So far no knitting.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not yet but that may change.

5. What's your favorite scent? I like spicy scents but eculyptus and peppermint are two favorites. I can not stand vanilla scent or any that are very strong.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, most of my teeth are sweet....LOL I have to be in the mood for candy, but like cherry or berry flavored items.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do some cross stich, and I bake. I consider baking a craft.

Do you spin? No :(

8. What kind of music do you like? I like Christian, country, classical, and clean comedy like Jeff Foxworthy, Mark Lowrey, or Chandra Pierce.

Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) As far as I know yes.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? I love purple, black, rich deep pinks, and blues.

Any colors you just can't stand? Orange, neon green or any neon, overly bright yellows.

10. What is your family situation? One husband no kids.

Do you have any pets? Yes, 1 fish (Mr. Fishy Fish) 6 yes 6 birds cockatiels, and 2 cats ( Mr. Moose, and Mad Mattie)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, once in awhile, sometimes, and don;t own one.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don't knit, but I like to crochet scarves, small lapgans, and prayer shawels.

13. What are you knitting right now? I am Crocheting 12 12" blocks for an afgan swap. I just started making coasters as well.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love them as the thought put into them makes it extra special.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? No needles here, only hooks.

Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both the acrilic hooks, and aluminum ones. I would love a set of the new clear ice hooks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, but a near friend does. :) She let me use it. :)

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Wow, almost 2 years which means it will probably never get finished now.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Easter and Christmas tie due to their meanings for me. As far as secular holidays, thanksgiving because of the cooking and baking.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yes, Phantom of the Opera items, coffee Mugs, office supplies, and yarn......

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I would like a book on one skein projects for crochet. I also saw the Lyon now has a book of just homespun shawls. A book for crochet dishcloths would be nice, or one on granny squares. I don't have many books so any would be great.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Yes, any and all related to knitting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? Nope, again I want to learn.

What are your foot measurements? No clue how to measure, but I wear a size 7 ladies in U.S. shoes.

23. When is your birthday? Just passed on May 6th.

24. Are you on Ravelry? Yes

If so, what's your ID? Shebear29

No comments: